Karmic Law Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Affiliates
Standards  Wsaffiliatesgif88x31
Latest topics
» Ignore this.
Standards  EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 12:29 pm by Alse

» lots of plots {open}
Standards  EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 4:21 pm by PrinceNaoko

» hello new world!
Standards  EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 11:58 pm by PrinceNaoko

» Naoko's characters
Standards  EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 11:56 pm by PrinceNaoko

» Insidious [DisgruntledCute+Ringmaster]
Standards  EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 9:07 pm by Colorful Catharsis

» I guess this means I'm here
Standards  EmptyTue May 15, 2012 4:55 pm by Ameratsu

» I'm Afraid I Might Be Lost
Standards  EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 11:16 am by The Freakshow

» Hellow EVERYBODY!
Standards  EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 9:15 pm by Sweatermonkeys

» Standards
Standards  EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 7:57 pm by Colorful Catharsis

Standards

Go down

Standards  Empty Standards

Post by Colorful Catharsis Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:57 pm

"They're a scourge. We need to make it normal here. Fair and equal."

A rustle. A stir, stiff polyester suit pants shifting against one another. The adjusting of glasses and straightening of cuffs. The coughs, the stares, the mumbling. The mass, office room fidget. It was more telling than a round of applause or a screaming crowd. The gritty, corporate hiss of hesitation.

"That's a bold statement, Lawrence." The lady journalist, with clipboard and neatly styled hair, crisp with hair spray declared readily.

With deeply green eyes the representative addressed the outburst, his expression following a moment late, his Cheshire smile.

"Greyson Industries takes vigorous steps toward a brighter future for the good of Blastdor." he said smoothly, his brands catch phrase, the hook to the fishing line. She seemed displaced, thrown off.

"For the good of a chosen few! This is genocide!" she came back with quickly, standing up out of her folding office chair.

"Vigorous steps, ma'am." his words repeated, like a glitch. "We're talking about making it equal for everyone. We can cut down on crime, property damages, and free up jails with this new program."

"Poison! I think you mean poison! You mean to poison all those innocent people? You're simply reacting out of recent events!" she finally snapped. A smile developed on the slick man in front of them.

"Yes we are. We are taking action when no body else will." his response was snappy, final. "Thank you all for your time, we're looking forward to seeing this go into action. Thomas has never failed us, he's not about to start now."

With that, the speaker stepped away from the platform, running a hand over his dark hair slicking it back into place as he proceeded off the stage. Tapping a small button at his hip he spoke aloud, in a stiff version of his usual tenor.

"Greyson, Thomas. Yes. YES. Call." he quieted again as he gathered up his jacket and suitcase from the break room of the facility, listening to the little phone device process his commands.

"Hello Lawrence." his voice was peculiarly clear and audible, though it was quiet.

"Good evening, Thomas. Meeting is finished."

"Cheers." A subtle clink of ice against glass, a gulp. "How did they like it?"

"A few objections, but I guided them through the process, help them understand how this will improve our chances toward a healthy future as a urban city"

"Yes, you're very talented with your words, friend." Thomas murmured. "I knew you'd be able to help them understand it all. The first impression can really squash a good idea."

Lawrence nodded, waving down a taxi, a spoiled gift of convenience given to the downtown of Blastor. The climbed in hastily, giving quick directions as he continued.

"Yes, past Marlboro Lane. Yeah." he sat back into his seat, sighing a moment before bucking his belt. "Thank you Mr. Greyson. I agree, sir."

"Wonderful. They broadcasted it?" the smooth southern accent on the other side of the phone asked.

"Yes. Just after six, like you said." He confirmed, stroking his fingers across his chin, staring at the rear view mirror. "Just after the back to school program and before the lower class get off work." He frowned, noting a little dark stubble.

"Well done, friend. Have a lovely weekend."

"You as well, sir."

Call ended, 6:37PM

------------------------------

The click, clack of pebble hitting asphalt echoed through the concrete remains of an apartment complex. The scratching and dragging of the dark skinned elf's sneakers against the ground as he made his way down the street and up into the building was the only sound that disrupted the stagnant quiet of the neighborhood. Inside the building was another story altogether however. The general chaos of children running down the abused acrylic carpeting, a furious expletive from a few more doors down. The elf didn't stop at any of these apartment doors. He went down further instead, down, down, until just one door before the very end of the hall. With a small huff, he rapped his knuckles against the weary old door, creaky and weak.

"Hey! C'mon already!"
Colorful Catharsis
Colorful Catharsis
Admin

https://karmiclaw.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum